A Different Approach
John Sugden Swim School offer a complete approach to swimming, technique, health and fitness.
How We Work & What to Expect – Our Procedures & Policies
First Time Enrolment Process
- Arrange a suitable time for an assessment with JSSS senior staff via either of the following contacts:
- Please complete the online enrolment (on jsss.com.au/enrolment) to assist with the process.
- Every child needs to be assessed in order to identify the appropriate level for enrolment. We will then be able to offer you time (s) and day (s) relevant to the assessment undertaken.
- After your child’s assessment is complete and you accept day and time of lesson (s), and JSSS will then send an invoice via email including payment methods.
- Payment must be made in full by the due date indicated on the invoice. Payment confirms that you have agreed with the time and day we have offered you for your child/children and that you accept these terms and conditions. (Please read this document in full)
- Please note that we cannot hold and guarantee your child/children’s space without payment beyond the due date.
- The School has a term enrolment system (coincides with the Victorian School Terms), which involves JSSS emailing out the invoices in the second last week of each term for the following term.
- Subject to child/children being promoted or teacher availability, class time (s) may change. The new term invoice will indicate the change.
- Unless we hear otherwise, we assume that your child/children will be automatically enrolled in the next term.
- Payment must be made in full by the due date as indicated on the invoice unless with an alternative arrangement/agreement with JSSS.
- This payment confirms that you have agreed with the time and day we have offered you for your child/children and that you accept these terms and conditions. Please note that we cannot hold and guarantee your child/children’s space without payment beyond the due date.
- Towards the end of term, your child/children will be assessed by their teacher and/or pool deck supervisor, as to which level he/she will be re-enrolled in next term. This will be indicated via the invoice, usually the second last week of the term.
Re-enrolments are prioritised in the following order:
1. Same day for same day,
2. Change of day and
3. New clients.
Changing Swim Lesson Day / Time / Venue
If parents wish to change child/children’s class day, time or the venue, you must request via email or phone well before the payment due date, to give yourself every possibility to change day, time or venue. There may be limited spots available after the payment due date.
Changing swim lesson day, time or venue is subject to availability.
Please note that the School Holiday Program (SHP)/Private lesson/ Master lesson/Adult Squad are not included in this pricing policy.
- All invoices will be emailed out on the second last week of the current term, for the next term.
- Of the total term fee, $30 per student acts as non-refundable deposit.
- When a child cannot attend lessons due to unavoidable injury, e.g. a fracture, or absent for an extended period of time with a serious long term illness, a credit will be provided for the next term. A $30 administration fee may apply.
- Where more than 3 consecutive classes are missed due to illness or injury, credit for the following term may be requested in writing. Supporting documentation will be required (e.g. Medical certificate).
- When children have to be away for the long term (4 – 5 weeks in a row) for extended family holidays, we offer a full credit of weeks away (maximum 5 weeks) in the next term, with an administration fee payable of $30 or Catch-up lessons during the School Holiday Intensive program (maximum of 5) OR make-up lessons during the next term. Places will depend upon spaces being available and cannot be guaranteed. Parents are responsible to contact JSSS by email in order to organise make-up lessons in the School Holiday Program.
- There is No Credit provided to families if they do not attend in the first week & the last week of term. However, JSSS will use its discretion for individual cases, based upon circumstances, and a $30 administration fee may apply.
- For unforeseen pool closures such as cold water, damaged facilities or fire, over which we have no control, families will receive 50% Credit of the normal cost of the cancelled lesson(s); applied to the next invoice.
- Any absence in the first week & last week of term, there will be NO adjustment to fees payable as a result (i.e. No Credit.).
JSSS does not conduct lessons on public holidays; the term Fees will reflect this.
For Numbat squad swimmers, swimming in Tuesday Adult Squad is free of charge during school holidays.
DISCOUNTS for Children in Families:
- 1 child – full price
- 2 children – full price
- 3 children 4% discount of Total Cost to Family = 3rd Child Discount
- 4 children 8% discount of Total Cost to Family = 4th Child Discount
- 5 children 12% discount of Total Cost to Family= 5th Child Discount
- 6+ children 16% discount of Total Cost to Family = 6th or more Children Discount
Note: To receive 4% discount for 3 children; 8% discount for 4 children; 12% for 5 children and 16% for 6 or more children, students must enrol at the start of each term. If children are enrolled in a class half way through the term, discounts for multiple children will apply from the beginning of the next term.
Families with students taking a double lesson on a single day or taking 2 lessons a week are eligible for the following discount off the TOTAL invoice price for the term:
- 1 child – 4%
- 2 children – 8%
- 3 children – 12%
- 4+ children – 16%
Fees and Payment Method
- Payment can be made by the following method:
Via the secure Credit Card Gateway (MasterCard or Visa only).
Please note: Payment via direct deposit is available on request. Please contact the office at email@example.com to request payment details if wishing to process payments via this direct deposit.
- Refund/class credit not provided for absences due to holidays, exams or a clash with other activities.
- An email request is required for a refund where families are relocating overseas/interstate.
- JSSS reserves the right to cancel or change classes, change teachers or move students, however this will be done only after consultation with the parents.
Customers are offered; as a courtesy, a maximum of 2 make-up swim lessons during any one term of swimming; if places are available.
All make-up lessons must be completed within the term of the missed lessons.
The process for allocating Make-up lessons is as follows:
- To get a make-up you must notify JSSS by EMAIL only of the cancellation.
- Notification/cancellation must be no later than 4 hrs notice.
- If families cancel with less than 4 hrs notice; supply of a medical certificate will be required to obtain a make-up lesson.
- Cancelling your normal lesson means giving an opportunity to other families and other families cancelling gives you an opportunity for make-up options. (the boomerang effect / help others to help you).
Due to our high number of enrolments, our COURTESY MAKE-UP CLASSES are subject to availability:
- Please be flexible with days, times and teachers when wanting to arrange a make-up class.
- We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause if you cannot complete your courtesy make-up class.
- Make-up classes are not transferable i.e. cannot be used for the following Term schedule; School Holiday Program or to siblings.
The School Holiday Program is an intensive one or two-week schedule.
- Allocation of children to a particular class schedule (Week 1 or Week 2 or both) cannot be changed.
- Parents cannot be selective as to which classes to attend over the two-week period.
- Attendance must be Week 1 or Week 2 or both in the case of the 10-day program.
- Make-up lessons or refunds will not be provided for missed lessons for any reason. However, JSSS will use its discretion for individual cases, based upon circumstances.
- Any classes missed during the School Holiday Program (SHP) will not be offered a make-up lesson, and no credits will be offered if Make-up classes are not taken.
Adult Squad / Master & Private Lessons
- Sessions must be purchased (pre-paid) in blocks of 10 or more sessions and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase.
- Attendance is tracked at each session and when swimmers reach zero (0) sessions remaining, they will be automatically invoiced for another 10 sessions.
- Master Lessons (with either John or another Senior Teacher/Coach) or Private lessons with a JSSS teacher are pre-purchased in blocks of 5 or 10. As bookings are scheduled with the teacher, 24-hour notification of non-attendance must be provided by email or Phone (see below). If notification is not received, the session will be charged.
Care & Safety
Swimming is prohibited with any of the following ailments:
- Serious open cuts or wounds or ringworm or tinea,
- Serious colds /coughs /flu/viral infections, green/yellow runny noses, Bodily discharge, conjunctivitis and urinary tract infections, and Symptoms of Gastroenteritis; vomiting/diarrhoea must be clear for at least 48-72 hours
- JSSS reserves the right to request a Doctor’s clearance for the above stated or any other ailment or injury.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their own children’s safety, at all other times outside of lesson times, this includes the car park, showers/dressing rooms and on pool deck.
- Parents with children not involved in a lesson are entirely responsible for their care and safety.
- Any child under 10 years must be actively supervised by the parent or guardian (over the age of 16) at all times.
- A parent or guardian is required to remain on site during your child’s less on and before and after the lesson.
Children are not allowed to play in the water before or after their swim class. This is not only to avoid disrupting/distracting other students, but also ensure that teachers can concentrate on teaching the members of their class.
JSSS is not liable for any loss (property), personal injury or death which occurs before, after or during swimming lessons.
Venue Specific Rules (Dictated by the Venue Managers)
- All swimmers (Adults/Teachers/Children) are to wear a Swim Cap.
St Pauls College
- No food or drink to be brought into the pool area. Children should be fed outside the entrance doors.
- The pool deck is regarded as a ‘Nut Free’ area, hence nut products are strictly forbidden.
Kooyong Swimming Pool / MLC
- No food or drink to be consumed on pool deck.
Photography & Video
Photography & Video:
- Photographing and videoing your child during a JSSS class are permitted, however, any photographs and video taken cannot be used for publicity or internet use in any way without written permission from JSSS.
Copyright in photographs and video; Right to use by JSSS:
- On occations, JSSS will videotape your child’s lessons for internal training purposes. Where possible, notification will be given by SMS and parents have the right to withdraw child/children from the proposed lessons and request an additional make-up lesson. Any photographs or video taken by JSSS during class may be used for training, promotion or other purposes.
Collection of personal information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future JSSS customer support features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a unique username and password, or provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
Sharing of personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries or processing transactions. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. JSSS takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Website usage (Logging of Data)
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (www.jsss.com.au) for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at our Site. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. JSSS reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
JSSS is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) , which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Call: 0490 867 499